Friday, February 11, 2011

I Deserve This

I was attending to my broken foot in the Wheeling Jesuit training room, when God spoke to me. He didn’t light a bush to grab my attention, or display any miracle for that matter. But I heard him loud and clear.

As I sulked about my broken body, I overheard these nice Catholic girls of Wheeling Jesuit University talking nasty about another team in our conference -University of Pitt Johnstown.

UPJ has a set of twins that are obnoxious, but so am I. The difference is that they are memorable and I am worth forgetting.

The following is a direct quote from Miss Catholic regarding UPJ’s twins: “I’ve never seen such an ugly girl… and there are 2 of them!”

Two things came to mind when she stated this awful opinion.
1.      Wheeling Jesuit University is covered in crosses. The campus is literally screaming, “NO JEWS ALLOWED.” Yet, with these inappropriate comments I wondered, if Jesus is pointing at you in all directions, why have you not found him?
2.      That’s funny we were JUST talking about those twins…

I hid my smile, glared at Miss Catholic and told her that one of the twins was my cousin and I didn’t approve of her comment… neither did God.

We beat Wheeling by 15. This is when God came to me.

I was sitting in a broken green chair silently clutching my broken foot as my teammates showered, packed up and prepared to leave this awful campus.

That’s when God came to me. He said something along the lines of “Catholic girls are never good. They deserve this loss.”

I laughed and got in the shower.

Then I started thinking, why is that I have a broken foot? The sting of a break lasts a lot longer than the sting of a loss.


… I deserve this loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment