Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Meaning of St. Patrick's Day


I heard the problem with Americans is that we will use any excuse to drink.

I hardly think that is a problem, but that brings me to St. Patrick's Day- A great excuse to drink.

St Patrick’s Day is a religious and cultural holiday meant to commemorate St. Patrick. Since the seventeenth century it has become a celebration of the Irish Culture…

Not sure how the United States took that information and turned it into five dollar pitchers of green beer and an overdose of Irish trash cans, but the American in me faced the evening willingly.

Of course we dressed in our best green: 




And hugged aggressively in celebration of leprechauns and gold:




And ultimately, it was a good ol' patty-cake night.

I was able to rekindle my 1/2 Irish side that is often overlooked by my more dominant, big-nosed, Jewish side (not good at sharing/ Stingy= makes sense). Unfortunately, despite embracing the Irish within, the night wasn't a complete success, due to our missing roommate, Campus Bitch.

She got carried away with searching the floors of York College for four-leaf clovers. 


She didn't even find one...


For the Poetry Lovers: www.hannahsafren.weebly.com





No comments:

Post a Comment