Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DAY 2

Day 2 of tournament week was a success.

After soaking/crying from the intensely cold ice bath at 9:30 this morning, I hobbled on to the court for practice.

 No class all week= rocks

A couple hours later we piled on to the bus and headed to Charleston, WV-Home of the team we will defeat tomorrow night.

The bus ride was obnoxious. Five hours of bumpy roads combined with Dory’s forgetfulness gave me a headache and a newfound hate for Nemo… I wish he was never found.

I spent majority of the trip shoving my headphones deeper and deeper in to my ears to avoid hearing Nemo’s escape plan from the fish tank. Boyce Avenue and Pink were basically serenating my throat by the time we arrived. In the midst of rocking out, I attempted writing, but ended up scribbling out six pages of notebook paper.

The only two legible pieces of work were the following:

1.      A short poem.

Do you wanna dance with me?

Cause I’m thinkin this river path could use a little light and we could move in rhythm with the gentle river’s tide –tell me yes.

Say yes to me.

Because my heart is skipping beats and I’m beginning to think that you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Don’t say no.

Don’t say no to me.

I’m only asking for today so hold my hand and we can sway to the melodies of the chirping birds and the way you say my name.

Just say yes.

2.       “Fuck You Charleston, Third Times a Charm” written in seven different artistic ways and surrounded by doodles of lucky charm cereal.

I concluded that it was a successful Tuesday of writing/drawing.
           
Once we arrived in Charleston, we headed to O’Charleys for dinner. While I ate seven bread rolls, we spoke of why each of us wanted so dearly to win a WVIAC Championship.

Me: I want to win for bragging purposes.

Captain: My sister has two rings. I want to win because I will never live it down if I don’t get another one.

Spiderman: I want to win so we can get huge, obnoxious rings.

Red: I want to win so I can put up a cool Facebook status.


Well, the good thing is we all want to win… isn’t that most important?

No comments:

Post a Comment