Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Surgery

I woke up this morning craving a cup of coffee and a Big Mac, but surgery rules required no eating. I’ve decided that this was the worst part of the day.
After watching Dad hand out Green Ink CD’s to every nurse we passed, I ran to the bathroom to change in to my purple gown. So appealing. Before Dad reentered I made sure to tell my head nurse to shoot me up with the best stuff they got … and soon.
Next thing I know, I got a pounding in my foot and I’m telling my nurse to give me pain medicine immediately. She began to explain how and when I could take medicine, but I interrupted, “I really don’t know what the hell all those words mean, so can you just give me the good shit right now.”
My parents find my behavior entertaining, so Dad followed with “shoot her up, lets go.”
I spent the next thirty minutes drooling on myself as I dazed in and out of sleep. All the while my parents were snapping pictures for their personal humor. My eyes were closed, but I could hear them giggling to themselves. Assholes.

I finally found the energy to move from the bed in to a wheel chair, so I could head out of this hell hole. All I have to show for the day is an album of “Hannah’s Hospital Visit” and a shitty cast around my foot that I plan on cutting off shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment