Thursday, March 10, 2011

Puppy Theory

We should have known better than to attempt a surprise party.

About three seconds too late Red ran to the lights as the Serbian Queen walked up the stairs...

Red yelled "Shit!" followed by a short pause and a half ass group, "Happy Birthday!" 

Fail.

I will no longer allow cake in 420 due to the smeared icing I scrubbed off of the Kitchen floor all morning, BUT that wasn't the only learning experience of the night.

I learned of a philosophy known as the Puppy Theory.

Polo, a BLACK...

Side note- yes, race is necessary in this story. Besides, as much as people don't like to admit it, race is somewhat important in description of a person.

For instance, My friend Baby, she's Mexican, plays basketball.

Now don't you see how important race is to a story?

Anyways, this is off topic, but while we are speaking of race, I'd like to clarify a little something.

Being Jewish is not a race.

One time in middle school I was playing basketball with a bunch of black guys. Apparently the fact that I'm a girl didn't phase them (oh, the tomboy days) but one of the guys said, "You the only white person here."
I dont remember my response, but I probably said something along the lines of, "Yes, I see that. It's not night time and I'm not colorblind... but thanks for pointing it out."

But the line I do remember was one of my best friends (my best friend would be a boy) saying "She ain't white, she's Jewish."

Classic.

Back to the story- So Polo, a black basketball player at Shepherd, enlightened me with his theory about Shepherd University white girls.

See, I actually really like Polo and although I have no urge to "Hook up with him" I can't keep my eyes off his Little Wayne dreads and cute little face.

Polo: You ever heard of the Puppy Theory?

Me: I love puppies!

Polo: Exactly... girls always sayin "puppies are so cute, your so cute, your so cute"... BUT would they fuck a puppy?

Me: Umm, no Polo... that would be disturbing and I assume require some sort of medical attention.

Polo: Exactly... that's how white girls view me. I'm the Puppy. They always sayin, "Ohh Polo is so cute, he's so cute, I could hug him up... But would they fuck Polo?

Me: Umm, no Polo... it's just not like that, you're Polo. You understand?

Polo: That's the Puppy Theory.

The funny thing is, his teammates shook their heads in agreement, like they felt sorry for Polo's big sad puppy dog eyes and sob story.

Check the WEBSITE! http://www.socollegeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment