Saturday, March 19, 2011

Outta Here

I think it’s time for me to return to school. In fact I know it’s time. My mom is currently packing all my things for me and I still have another day here.

Mom- You sure you don’t want to head out today?

I didn’t respond. You know how some mom’s cry when their kids leave for school. Nope, mine pops open a bottle of wine.

Yesterday was a little livelier than the previous days. Of course Ben had his own personal article in the newspaper yesterday morning… surprise, surprise. The Culpeper newspaper lives off this kid.

He skipped school yesterday because he didn’t feel it was necessary to attend so I avoided him all day by spending my time watching crime shows and over exaggerating the pain in my foot.

Mo came home from college around 3. He walked in said “Hi” and ran right down to the basement studio. Gee, good talk.

Mom had to head out to the synagogue (Jewish church for the ignorant out there). Dad was left to handle dinner, so he brought home Popeye’s chicken and an ice-cream cake to celebrate Mo turning 20.

Partyyyy!

Dad- where’s the candles?
Mo- I’ll get them…

Dad asking questions really means “can you just do it?”

Mo comes back with one red candle.

Dad- Perfect.

One wish later and we started listening to Ben’s explanation of his talent. He wrote a pretend letter to the principal of his high school explaining why he should be able to play two sports. (He was denied a couple weeks ago, resulting in him dropping tennis and picking up lacrosse). The letter went something like this:

I actually think I’m overqualified to play two sports here. Do you know who I am? I’m B Saf. In fact, I’m shocked that the baseball and soccer coaches haven’t approached me yet.

You can only imagine what the rest of the letter spoke of.

We wrapped up the eating and Dad said, “Who’s gonna clean?”

Ben and our live in brother, Ducky, quickly grabbed their lacrosse sticks and ran outside.
2 down.

Mo and Nic (Green Ink) said they had work to do and headed to the basement studio.
4 down.

Dad looked at me and my crippled foot as if I was gonna stand up and start walking. 
A few seconds passed and he finally said, “I got it.”

Good try Big guy.

Back to Shep in the morninggg.

http://www.socollegeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment