Friday, March 4, 2011

12 Days Left

I needed a couple days off.

I didn’t blog Wednesday because I was sulking over the fact that my junior year basketball season was over.

See, the game against Charleston didn’t go according to plan… we lost. BUT, with every negative there is a positive.

The positive was Might-As-Well-Be-Virgin’s Facebook conversation with a Concord softball player. You may be wondering how she met a softball player from another school in our conference, but I think the following will explain…

Lesbian Lover February 28 at 9:57pm
hey i know you don't know me, but i saw you play us a couple weeks ago and i just want to tell you i think your one of the most beautiful girls I've ever saw..

Might-As-Well-Be-Virgin-2 March 2 at 8:41pm
Seen*...and thank you. We have similar views because I myself think I'm beautiful..."Pretty Girl Rock" is my theme song. But we do differ in the fact that I'm not gay...just a heads up. I will however accept your friendship...nice to meet you ;)
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Lesbian Lover March 2 at 8:42pm Report
haha thats fine idc if your gay .. i just wanted to let you know lol


Funny.

I couldn’t blog Thursday because we were forced to go shopping and buy away our sadness- like a momentary high kinda thing. It worked for a couple hours- then I got bus sick. We left the mall around 1:00 and by 3, I was wishing I had never left Shepherd.

After arriving home around 6:30, I wanted nothing more than a bed. I was deemed the biggest loser on the team and apparently missed out on dancing in cool clothes and eating bacon off the kitchen floor.

Negative: I always miss out on the cool shit.

Positive: My grandma has a So College shirt and wore it around town the other day.

Imagine seeing an 80 year old woman in a bright pink shirt with “I’d rather feel good than be good” written on it… wow.

She called me and said, “I got so many high-fives. That’s what they’re called right?... High-fives?”

Nice.

I couldn’t blog all day today because I had a 12:20 appointment with my doctor regarding my foot… Still broken.

I have a surgery scheduled for the 16th.

Negative: No spring break/ no fun for the next five or six months.

Positive: Nothing. Just kidding, I get to take good drugs for a few weeks.

I told my Dad I wanted to pursue a career in blogging and drug dealing, but after serious consideration, he explained that I could do more with my life –like selling roofing materials.

Anyways, so here I am, on my living room couch on a Friday night with my roommates. I envision myself sitting here a lot over the next few months of my life. I’ll probably eat a lot of ice and pretend like I’m not jealous of my friends jogging in the sunny breeze or playing volleyball in the sand.

Gee.

I plan on spending the next 12 days jumping up and down for no reason- just because I still can. I could continue writing about how sorry I feel for myself and how I haven’t walked without pain in over a year, but then I heard Dick coughing obnoxiously. He claims he is dying of old age. I all of a sudden feel very good about my current 21 year old life.


Just for extra entertainment: Dick told Red to get the Oreo’s.

She said “You ask so much of me. You want me to dye my hair, you want me to learn how to play golf, you want me to get skinny…”

Dick never responded, but Red DID get the Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment