Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The S's

All the athletes were required to go listen to Linda Hancock talk about all the S’s…

Sex
Substance Abuse
Stress
Silliness
Sexual Assault
other Shit

It was hilarious. Other than my mother, she may be the most realistic person I have ever heard speak in my life.

I can’t ever remember my mom telling me NOT to have sex or NOT to drink… she did however say things like:

“be careful, we’re fertile,” or
“we have a long line of alcoholics in this family,”

And other weird parental advice that I’ve either chosen to forget or can’t seem to currently remember.

Very useful information mom… thanks.

See, when people say “no” it makes you want to do it. My mom’s weird method of never saying no (except that one time she grounded me when I was 18- yeah bullshit… I was an adult the first time I got grounded) oddly enough was fairly successful.

Linda, like my mother, also believed in “no” being an odd method of teaching. Her basic concept was “You’re gonna do it, so do it right.”

Valuable Information:
1.      In one study, 33 male college students were asked to put a condom on correctly -3 got it right.
2.      Women can only get pregnant 12 days out of a month
3. NO, not everyone in college has sex with multiple partners (majority average 1 per 12 months)
4. NO, not everyone does hard drugs - we just try them... KIDDING! (but 9 of 10 that try heroine or crystal meth get addicted)

Linda spoke a lot about shit you know, but don't REALLLLLLYYYY know. Very informative night.

PS. 
I did volunteer for an experiment during Linda's talk- I lost. FYI for the idiots like myself, 1oz. is a shot.
I poured about double that… I’ve always thought I had a bad memory, but I understand why now.

http://www.socollegeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment