Monday, April 18, 2011

Kind of College

Heard two great stories today:

1.      My teammate -I won’t embarrass her… okay I will… a tree branch fell on Goofy and gave her a concussion. I honestly tried to listen to her as she explained the mishap, but I just couldn’t help but to think that this would only happen to her. Apparently some guys were playing catch and one of the guys threw the football in to a tree. This is where I got lost- how does someone throw it powerful enough to knock off a branch, but horribly enough to mistake his partner for the tree? Anyways, this guy threw an awful pass, hit the tree and as the tree branch was falling gracefully atop Goofy’s head, she told me that she had no intentions of moving. She was in such utter shock at this boy’s horrible aim, that she just couldn’t move… I tried to take something good from this story, but really I’m just gonna leave you with the following: If a football hits a branch and the branch hits you… you are one in a million… the bad kind of one in a million.
2.      A senior EX-football player (better known as Posiedon)… also a member of the band, Perpetual Wetness (surprise surprise) snuck in to the locker room, dressed himself in pads and a helmet and jogged on to the football field for one last play. The football team had their spring game today and I’m not sure if I know one other person in the world that would have the guts to not only dress in uniform, but then actually call his teammate out of the game to replace him. I thought Posiedon’s story was quite sentimental at first- how can you blame a guy for wanting ONE MORE PLAY!? But then he explained how as he finished the play, the coach caught him, angrily yelled for him to get off the field and Posiedon responded, “But I hustled coach!”

Gosh, can you really be mad at that? So College… Kind of?

http://www.socollegeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment