Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Dollar Special

Last night we went to Benders for ten dollar wing night. Yes, ten dollars for wings may seem like a rip off, but it’s all you can eat and let me tell you … we can eat.

A positive to being an athlete in college is that you can eat… a lot -and get away with it. A negative to being an athlete in college, is that when you get injured you still eat… a lot -and you definitely don’t get away with it (This is the situation I’m currently battling).

I discovered two things last night.

1.      Benders (a bar located near Shepherd University) now has Natty Boh on tap –classy... So College.
2.      A “Baltimore Martini” may be the most deceiving/ perfect name for a specialty drink sold at Benders. A Baltimore Martini is nothing more than a glass filled with Natty Boh and the rim covered in Old Bay… Odd? Absolutely.

Best part about the Baltimore Martini is that it costs ONE DOLLAR. I can’t imagine why.

Since I’m one of the few Jews around, I headed home this weekend with the rest of campus to not celebrate Easter with my family. I am in no way complaining about the four day weekend, I just wish people could celebrate Easter at school… way more fun.

I suppose I’m slightly looking forward to my stay in Culpeper… it’s usually quite entertaining. In fact, right now is a blast! I’m writing, Jokey (our cat) is sleeping beside me, Dad’s mowing the lawn, my little brother is ignoring me and my mom just called to ask if I had eaten any of the specially breaded (Passover safe!) left over chicken and followed that with “Want to go to happy hour?”

Doesn’t beer have wheat in it?... God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment