Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Outside the Lines

Picture this: I’m on the living room couch (on the computer) Red and PE Teacher are stomping up the stairs towards their rooms (we were in a fight about something I obviously initiated.)

Red: Go ahead Hannah get the last word in like you always do…

Me: I plan on it.

PE Teacher: I’m gonna go upstairs and act like I’m mad at youuuu!

Red: Go Fuck Yourself Hannah.

Me: I’ll think about it…

Two minutes later PE Teacher walks back downstairs.

She throws my red blanket on me and shouts “Here! I don’t want your stupid blanket anymore!”

I laugh and she sits down and begins to talk about the weekend plans.

Five minutes later Red walks down.

Red: I’m not even ready for bed yet I was just being dramatic. (In a whiney “You have to forgive me” voice”)

So much for that fight.

I was so bored last night, PE Teacher spent most of the night helping Might-As-Well-Be-Virgin-1 buy a new cell phone and Red was hooked to the books… BORING.

So I called over little Baby for entertainment. I left her a message that made me sound like I was extremely sad and needed to talk, so she rushed over from night class.

FINALLY!  Let’s play!

Unfortunately she had no intentions of hanging out with me, but she did leave me with a picture she had drawn during class. My boredom combined with her picture resulted in a little poem called Outside the Lines. Enjoy.




There is one window in my third story, 1:00pm, English classroom.

One. Fucking. Window.

Are they trying to keep me hostage?
Stop it …

Cause my mind has scribbled so far outside the lines,
Can’t stop doodling the life I can’t find.

Give me more windows…

I need glass to glare through
I swear that I can’t stand another day in this mustard colored brick built room
I have birds to count and dreams to fuel
There is green, green grass awaiting my day dreams.
 Puffy cloud airplanes saving me a seat

Take me away.

Take me away from this dull yellow pencil, leave me in front of a window, just one more window.

I need a picture to write, something to see, something worth noticing.
This coffee stained carpet isn’t painting the ideal scene,
I need bigger things… a window.

I just need…  I need…

Am I the only one that thinks this way!?

I know I forgot to take my medicine today, but these notes I wrote on 4-5-2011 are covered with a tree.
I want to grow.
I want to grow beyond this classroom
Spread my branches farther than this little town.
I want to fall.
Fall freely with the leaves, but skip the ground and spread my wings
See I want to fly… fly far, far and around to wherever the wind takes me.
Take me.
Take me from this classroom.
Take me from these dream capturing walls and this limiting ceiling.

Reveal me.
Cause right now I’m stuck in this broken blue seat
With a picture of this tree and notes that will technically…
Well, definitely fail me,
But I do wonder what is more satisfying,
A boring reality in the right state of mind or a life outside the lines?

http://www.socollegeblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment