Monday, August 29, 2011

How Do I Have Senioritis Already

Star Exponent Article from Sunday...

I miss the days when I came home from school and was able to tell my parents that I learned to multiply or color inside the lines; you know things of significance.

With my senior year underway, I no longer get the “What did you learn today?” question from my parents, but I do get, “How was your first day of the end of the best part of your life?” question from my roommates.

With the first week wrapping up, the only material of significance worth sharing to the roommates was a compelling conversation regarding commonsense and ignorance. I know it must seem surprising, but ignorance flourishes the adult world and well commonsense is commonly uncommon … Or maybe that’s just my ignorance speaking.

Let’s take the first day of class for instance. I throw off my down comforter, convince myself that the world needs my presence and roll out of bed. A cup of coffee and a shower wakes me up and just like that, I’m ready for the day.

Unfortunately, my first classes only made me want to punch the day in the face.

I am a college student- very capable of reading and comprehending basic instructions. With that being said, why must professors hand us a syllabus only to spend the next hour reading it over with us; I did not sign up for story time 101.

The only thing worse than story time is when the professor feels it’s necessary to explain that American History from the 1600’s to present will be a class that discusses American History from the 1600’s to present… commonsense, where are you?

How about that epic earthquake?

Sure it’s the first time a disaster of this sort has occurred on the east coast in about 100 years, but let me remind you that you weren’t the only one that felt it… crazy, I know.

Two points here, one- Twitter and Facebook don’t need to hear that you felt an earthquake. Those reading from the east coast felt it too, duh. Those reading from the west coast have been there, done that.

Two- I heard a member of the DC police department speaking on Fox News about 45 minutes after the initial shock. He stated to please not call 911 explaining an earthquake hit.

Now, first of all, if your still calling 911 40 minutes after the shock than I’m just wondering, out of curiosity, what exactly you were you doing during that little 40 minute break. Were you still trembling? Or did you just get hungry?

It just seems that if you were concerned enough to call the police reporting an earthquake than you must have considered that people may have been injured in this event and could use your phone line… ignorant.

So College Advice: I’m actually not going to give advice this week, but rather ask if it’s normal to have senioritis after week one.

No comments:

Post a Comment