Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter

I went to Harry Potter on opening night- I didn’t belong.

Four friends and I headed to theatre around 10… 2 hours and 15 minutes early. That was my first indication that I was a fucking loser. Arriving to see wizards fly sticks way passed my bed time is a bit extreme.

We walked into the already crowded theatre and took a seat in between Hagrid and Voldemort. After analyzing their costumes we searched the rest of the seats and realized we should deem ourselves as "muggles" considering we were the ONLY people not wearing a burgundy and gold tye.

Overall, I was pleased with the movie -despite the row of girls that sobbed like it was 9-11, during a wand battle gone wrong. The endless clapping at the conclusion was also a bit dramatic.

I’m going to venture out and say that JK Rowling might very well have written the greatest story/series of all time BUT like all great things, I am sure someone will eventually surpass it.

But truth is, I can’t wrap my head around anything that could possibly compare to Harry Potter. Good luck to the future creeps with brilliant ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment