Thursday, June 21, 2012

Real World

God, I used to be so fucking cool.

What happened? I'll tell you.

I left the comfort of Large Pizza Sundays and SVU Tuesdays, for an expensive road trip to hell (others call it real life).

I packed up and moved out to Austin TX to work for a small company known as Write Bloody Publishing. Check it out: writebloody.com

It's gory and full of working... and other shit.

However, the work isn't the problem, in fact, I'm enjoying it. The real problem of working in the "real world" lies in the heart of my vocabulary.

Curse words.

And I fucking miss em', ya know?

...

I was drinking a beer this afternoon because that's what you do after a long day of work, or even when you don't have a long day at work, because I didn't even go to work today.

So I was drinking a beer because my roommate had a long day at work.

She told me about this article she was assigned for the local newspaper. It was something about how Texas rates on those "fast-loan" things have an incredibly high interest because they aren't monitored, blah, blah, this is inhuman, blah, other boring political driven finance talk.

And I told her about how my long day not at work consisted of making eleven phone calls, three faxes, and two visits to a Texas Urgent Care- all because of a little allergy drama.

And at the conclusion, we realized that the real world isn't too bad after all because the local pharmacy is open 24 hours and that means we can drink a couple more brews before I don't take out a high interest texas loan for my pills.

Life is good.

For the poetry lovers: www.hannahsafren.weebly.com


No comments:

Post a Comment